Looking For Adventure?
Carestaff Nursing Solutions are pleased to offer opportunities for Midwives, Nurse Specialist, Registered and Enrolled Nurses to complete Rural and Remote contracts within Qld Health.
Rural and Remote Nursing will provide you with opportunities to gain new experiences, increase your clinical skills and knowledge and comes with great benefits and experiences, some of which include:
- Opportunity to travel to areas within Northern Central Queensland
- Opportunities to immerse yourself within a small community and learn about different cultural groups
- Greater autonomy and responsibility
- Variety of working in a multidisciplinary team
- Working with a diverse patient mix
- Gaining access to professional development and support networks that will foster skill development
Rural and Remote Nursing is a rewarding and fulfilling experience for those wanting to further their career while exploring the remote areas of our beautiful country at the same time.
How to Apply
Rural and Remote contracts have their own standard application process. Create your profile below.
Before we put forward any application for any contract, we need to ensure we have a complete profile set up for you – this includes
- Resume – this needs to be current and UpToDate as a Rural and Remote facility/ward will disregard reading if your work experience is from over a year ago.
- Two References – they must be from within the last year – meaning you must have worked with the facility within the last year.
- AHPRA Registration
- Criminal History Check – must be current, valid for 3 years
- Mandatory Training
- Evidence of Immunisations
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Hep B,
- Pertussis (must be from within the last 10 years) ADT will not be accepted nor will pertussis serology.
- Hep A will only need to provided if putting forward an application for indigenous communities
Photo Identification – current passport or drivers license with clear legible photo and writing
Once we have your profile created, we will then contact you to offer any contracts that match your skillset and put forward your application for you.
Nurses with these "Hot Skills" are continually in demand
Acute / Aged Care / ALS (Advanced Life Support) / PALS / Ante/Postnatal / Birth Suite / Dementia / Emergency / General Nursing Experience / ICU – Ventilator / IV Cannulation / Maternity / Medical / Mental Health – Community / Neonatal / Paediatric / Rural Nursing / Special Care Nursery / Venepuncture
The contracts can be a minimum of two weeks, three weeks or can be several months. Often a preference is for Nurses with previous Rural and Remote experience, however opportunities are also considered.
Travel and Accommodation Allowances
Each contract is different, but there are Travel and Accommodation Allowances included in the contracts. Further details regarding Travel and Accommodation Allowances will be provided during conversations regarding contract requirements.